Sunday, May 20, 2012

Living Life with Balance

"Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength." Isaiah 40:30-31

Some women have the gift of serving others, and they serve until they can't stand up anymore. You might be one of those women. You think, I don't have time to rest, and I really don't have time to be sick. But let's face it: sometimes our human bodies wear out. We get sick or just plain tired. That's when we can ask for help from the One who is the source of healing and strength. Jesus is still in the miracles business! Ask him to heal your body, mind and spirit. And keep in mind that there is nothing wrong with finding the healthy balance by meeting your own needs so you can continue to meet the needs of others.  How are you taking care of yourself?  Sometimes as women we think we have to be wonder woman. There is pressure from all over to be super mom. Have a spotless house, have a hot dinner on the table every night, and the list goes on and on.  When the kids go to bed may be our only time alone but then we are just to tired to pamper ourselves.  The past 2 weeks have been filled with sickness in my house. If it wasn't my daughter, it was me. I honestly think that God allowed me to be sick so I could rest, and rest is what I did! I didn't worry about having the perfect meal or the spotless house, and you know what? We survived and so did my house! Take time out for yourself daily. If it is only 5 or 10 minutes on the patio with a glass of tea, I promise when you come back inside you will be refreshed. Sometimes that is all we need and sometimes in those quiet moments is when we hear God speak the loudest.

No comments:

Post a Comment